CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
The following conditions, together with any additions or amendments as published by the Organizing Committee at the host club, will apply under Rule 33-1 to this Championship.
1. The Optimist International Junior Golf Championship Qualifiers 2018 will be played at the Sentosa Golf Club, New Tanjong Course from 27th to 28th Mar 2018 in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited and with the Local Rules approved by the Organizing Committee.
2. Entries are open to all boys and girls between the ages of 10 to 18 years with a USGA Handicap Index stated below according to the age group.
3. All entries will be subject to the approval of the Organizing Committee (OC) which reserves the right to accept or refuse, or having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
4. Handicap Index with Penalty Scores will not be accepted.
5. Entrants must conform in all respects to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by R&A Rules Limited.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT OF PLAY
6. The Championship will be decided by stroke play over two rounds of 18 holes.
7. The winner and runner-up for the respective divisions with the lowest gross aggregate score over the two rounds will advance to the Optimist International Junior Golf Championship 2018 to be played in July.
8. Players will also compete in the respective age groups. They are:
|B O Y S D I V I S I O N|
|AGE||AS AT||HCP INDEX AS AT 1st JAN 2018|
|10 to 11||21 Jul 2018||30.0 & Below|
|12 to 13||21 Jul 2018||24.0 & Below|
|14 to 15||26 Jul 2018||18.0 & Below|
|16 to 18||1 Aug 2018||14.0 & Below|
|G I R L S D I V I S I O N|
|AGE||AS AT||HCP INDEX AS AT 1st JAN 2018|
|10 to 12||21 Jul 2018||31.0 & Below|
|13 to 14||26 Jul 2018||27.0 & Below|
|15 to 18||1 Aug 2018||20.0 & Below|
SIZE OF FIELD
9. The field will be limited to a maximum of 100 participants. Entries will be accepted from 100 applicants with the lowest Handicap Index.
10. The OC reserves the right to refuse any entry without assigning any reason for such refusal. The decisions of the OC as to the acceptance or refusal of any entry shall be final.
11. The entry fee is S$250.00 for Singapore Citizens and S$290.00 for Singapore Permanent Residents and Foreigners (both prices are inclusive of GST) and must be submitted at the time of entry.
For participants paying via Bank Draft/Telegraphic Transfer, details as follows:
|Beneficiary’s Name||:||Singapore Golf Association|
|Address of Beneficiary’s Name||:||249 Sembawang Road, Singapore 758352|
|Beneficiary’s Bank||:||DBS Bank|
|Branch||:||12 Marina Boulevard, DBS Asia Central, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3,
Note that if you have chosen this payment method, you agree to pay for the entry fee including any bank fees incurred. Once payment by this method is done, please send proof of payment to SGA.
Cheques must be made payable to “Singapore Golf Association” and mailed to SGA Tournament Secretariat 249 Sembawang Road, Singapore 758352.
Participants who are members of SGA Ordinary Members may have their entry fee debited through their Home Club.
12. There will be no refund of entry fee after the closing date.
13. Entries must be submitted through the official online entry form from SGA’s website.
14. Participants are advised to check the SGA website for confirmation of entries received.
15. Only entries with payment instructions will be processed.
16. The OC reserves the right to limit, accept or reject entries.
17. The closing date is 12 noon, 16th Mar 2018. Late entries may be accepted at the sole discretion of the OC.
18. The draw for the first round will be made by the OC prior to start of the Championship.
19. The draw for the final round will be based on the gross scores of the first round.
TIME OF STARTING
20. Players shall start at the time and in the order indicated in the draw. No substitution of players and changes of starting times shall be permitted after the draw has been made.
21. The OC reserves the right to fix and/or alter the starting times.
SUBMISSION OF SCORECARD
22. Players should check their cards in the returning area (scoring table) and ensure that they are correct and signed. Any doubtful points should be settled with the OC before returning the scorecard.
23. A player is deemed to have returned his scorecard and no further amendments may be made once he has left the returning area (scoring table) or the demarcated area where they exist.
DECISION OF TIES
24. Ties for all other positions will be decided by matching of score cards of the Final round for the best score of the last 18 holes (1 – 18), last 9 (10 – 18), last 6 (13 – 18), last 3 (16 – 18) or the final 18th hole. If necessary, the 1st round will be used in the same manner to break the tie.
SUSPENSION OF PLAY FOR DANGEROUS SITUATION (NOTE TO RULE 6-8b)
25. The specimen Condition in the Rules of Golf is in effect – see pages 158.
26. All practice areas that are in open areas shall be closed during suspension for a dangerous situation until the OC has declared them open.
27. A suspension of play for a dangerous situation and the resumption of play shall be signaled using the host club’s warning system.
28. In the event that the first round of the Championship cannot be completed, it shall be continued the next day prior to the commencement of the second round.
29. In the event that the second round of the Championship cannot be completed, the round shall be abandoned. The result of the Championship will then be based on the completed round.
CADDIES / BUGGIES / MOTORISED TROLLEYS
30. The use of caddies is permitted/optional for this Championship only for the Boys 10-11; Boys 12-13 and Girls 10-12 divisions.
31. Buggies / Motorized trolley in this Championship is prohibited.
32. Players from the Boys 14-15; Boys 16-18; Girls 13-14 and Girls 15-18 divisions are to carry their own bags or use their own hand-drawn trolleys.
33. Players from overseas may request manual trolleys from the organizer on a first come first served basis.
PACE OF PLAY
34. Rule 6-7 (Undue Delay; Slow Play) will be strictly enforced using the ‘SGA Individual Pace of Play’ policy. See separate memorandum to players for the Pace of Play guidelines.
DISPUTES OR DOUBTS AS TO PROCEDURE
35. If there is a doubt as to the correct procedures, players are to refer to the SGA Referees. If an SGA Referee is not immediately available, a player (having notified his marker) may elect to play two balls in accordance with Rule 3-3 and obtain a ruling at the conclusion of the round, prior to signing and the return of the score card.
36. No spectators (including parents or accompanying officials) are to enter into any discussion on a matter under dispute.
37. The SGA Referee’s decision on all matters pertaining to the Rules of Golf is final.
38. All players are required to have appropriate golfing insurance.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICE
39. A player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
LIST OF CONFORMING GOLF BALLS
40. The specimen Condition in the Rules of Golf is in effect – see Appendix I page 155.
LIST OF CONFORMING DRIVER HEAD
41. The specimen Condition in the Rules of Golf is in effect. Please see Appendix I, pages 154 – 155 and visit R&A website at www.randa.org for list of confirming driver heads.
GROOVE AND PUNCH MARK SPECIFICATIONS
42. Player’s clubs must conform to the groove and punch mark specifications in the Rules of Golf that are effective from 1 January 2010.
43. Decision 4-1/1 in the “Decisions on the Rules of Golf” is in effect – see page 68.
44. The following prizes will be awarded:
a. All Division Winner and Runner-Up
45. The Winner and Runner-Up of each division will get an invite to play at the 2018 Optimist International Junior Golf Championship World Finals in Florida, USA.
46. Practice Round may be arranged directly with Sentosa Golf Club at $235.40 ($220 + GST) without buggy. Phone: +65 6275 0022
47. Only club caddies are allowed during the practice round.
48. Parents/ Coach can only follow in a buggy that is strictly restricted on the Buggy Track.
Buggy Fee payable. Parents / coaches walking is not permissible during practice round.
49. One Coach or One Parent can accompany the child to play . Practice round rate applies to accompanying adult.
50. No multiple ball play shall be allowed during the practice round.
51. Players are not allowed to practice on the course after their round on any day of the Championship.
PRIZE PRESENTATION LUNCHEON
52. All players are invited to a Prize Presentation Luncheon on 28th March 2018.
53. Players must be properly attired on the golf course. Blue jeans, designer jeans, round neck T-shirts and tank tops are prohibited. Golf shirts must be worn and shorts must be no shorter than mid-thigh (no jean shorts).
54. This dress code will be used in conjunction with any additional dress code restrictions of the host club. A player violating this dress code will not be permitted to start the tournament. A violation of this dress code by a player during the stipulated round must be rectified without undue delay or the player will not be allowed to continue play.
55. Soft spikes shoes are compulsory.
CONDUCT OF PLAYERS
56. All players should conduct themselves in a disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy and sportsmanship at all times, irrespective of how competitive they may be.
57. Any action contrary to the spirit of the game such as abusive language, throwing of clubs, or other disruptive behavior, will not be tolerated and may result in a player not being able to continue in this competition.
58. The use of mobile phones (except in an emergency) and smoking are not allowed on the course.
SPECTATORS/ ACCOMPANYING OFFICIALS /PARENTS
59. Spectators/accompanying officials/parents must remain on the cart paths at all times. They must stay off the greens and out of the bunkers at all times. They are prohibited from using golf buggies.
60. They should maintain a reasonable distance from the players to avoid the appearance that they are imparting advice or assisting the player in any way. They may approach a player for a moment to exchange clothing, food, or beverages, but should not have prolonged contact.
61. Spectators must be properly attired on the golf course. Blue jeans, designer jeans, round neck T-shirts and tank tops are prohibited.
62. Those found violating these policies may be asked to leave the course.
AMENDMENTS TO CONDITIONS
63. The OC reserves the right to amend these Championship conditions.
The Rules of the R&A govern play, as modified by the following Local Rules and / or Conditions of Competition.
AMENDMENTS TO CONDITIONS
BUGGIES / MOTORISED TROLLEYS
Penalty for Breach of Condition:
Two (2) strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round is Four (4) strokes (two strokes at each of the first two holes at which any breach occurred)
Use of any unauthorized form of motorized trolleys must be discontinued immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred. Otherwise, the player is disqualified.
NOTE: If the form is not loading for any reason, you may fill out the form H E R E
|Singapore Citizen||SGD 250.00|
|Singapore Permanent Resident||SGD 290.00|
1. Entry Fee may be paid through the following:
a. For players that are members of a Singapore Golf Club (Ordinary SGA Members Club Only), fees may be debited from their club’s account.
b. Foreign Players can pay via electronic bank transfer. Bank details may be obtained in Conditions of Competition Item 11
c. Payment via PayPal is also accepted. Please click the appropriate link and amount below: