SINGAPORE JUNIOR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP 2017
SELETAR COUNTRY CLUB
5 – 8 JUNE 2017
CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
The following conditions, together with any additions or amendments as published by the Organising Committee at the host club, will apply under Rule 33-1 to this Championship.
1. The Singapore Junior Golf Championship 2017 will be played at the Seletar Country Club from 5 to 8 June 2017 in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by R&A Rules Limited and with the Local Rules approved by the Organising Committee.
2. Entries are open to all boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 17 years as at 6 June 2017 and with a USGA Handicap Index of 16.0 or lower for boys and 18.0 or lower for girls, as at 1st May 2017.
3. All entries will be subject to the approval of the Organising Committee (OC) which reserves the right to accept or refuse, or having accepted, subsequently reject any entry without giving reason for its decision.
4. Handicap Index with Penalty Scores will not be accepted.
5. Entrants must conform in all respects to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by R&A Rules Limited.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT OF PLAY
6. The Championship will be decided by stroke play over three rounds of 18 holes. A cut will be made after 36 holes for the top 60% of the respective age groups who shall qualify for the final round.
7. The Overall Boy and Girl Champion shall be the player with the lowest gross aggregate score over the three rounds.
8. Players will also compete in the respective age groups. They are:
a. Boys between 15 and 17 years of age;
b. Girls between 15 and 17 years of age;
c. Boys between 12 and 14 years of age;
d. Girls between 12 and 14 years of age.
9. An International Team Event will be held in conjunction with the Championship. It shall be played over three rounds of the Championship. Each team will be represented by two players (1 boy and 1 girl from any age groups) who shall be citizens or permanent residents of the country they represent. Team members who do not make the cut will be allowed to play in the final round for the International Team Event.
10. The Winning Team shall be the team with the lowest combined gross scores of the team members for the three rounds.
11. In the event of insufficient entries, the Team Event may be cancelled.
SIZE OF FIELD
12. The field will be limited to a maximum of 100 participants. Entries will be accepted from 100 applicants with the lowest Handicap Index.
13. The OC reserves the right to refuse any entry without assigning any reason for such refusal. The decisions of the OC as to the acceptance or refusal of any entry shall be final.
14. The entry fee is S$120.00 for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents and S$160.00 for Foreigners (both prices are inclusive of GST) and must be submitted at the time of entry.
For participants paying via Bank Draft/Telegraphic Transfer, details as follows:
(1) Bank Name: DBS Bank
(2) Bank Number: 7171
(3) Branch Name: Shenton Way Branch
(4) Branch Number: 001
(5) Swift Code: DBS SSGSG
(6) Bank Address: 12 Marina Boulevard, DBS Asia Central, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, Singapore 018982
(7) Account Name: Singapore Golf Association
(8) Account Number: 001-058282-8
Note that if you have chosen this method, you agree to pay for the entry and buggy fees including any bank fees incurred. Once payment by this method is done, please send proof of payment to SGA.
Cheques must be made payable to “Singapore Golf Association” and mailed to SGA Tournament Secretariat 249 Sembawang Road, Singapore 758352.
Participants who are members of SGA Ordinary Members may have their entry fee debited through their Home Club.
15. There will be no refund of entry fee after the closing date.
16. Entries must be submitted through the official online entry form from SGA’s website.
17. Participants are advised to check the SGA website for confirmation of entries received.
18. Only entries with proof of insurance and payment instructions will be processed.
19. The OC reserves the right to limit, accept or reject entries.
20. The closing date is 12 noon, 29 May 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the sole discretion of the OC.
21. The draw for the first and second rounds will be made by the OC prior to start of the Championship.
22. The draw for the final round will be based on the cumulative gross scores of the preceding rounds.
TIME OF STARTING
23. Players shall start at the time and in the order indicated in the draw. No substitution of players and changes of starting times shall be permitted after the draw has been made.
24. The OC reserves the right to fix and/or alter the starting times.
SUBMISSION OF SCORECARD
25. Players should check their cards in the returning area (scoring table) and ensure that they are correct and signed. Any doubtful points should be settled with the OC before returning the scorecard.
26. A player is deemed to have returned his scorecard and no further amendments may be made once he has left the returning area (scoring table) or the demarcated area where they exist.
DECISION OF TIES
27. Individual Event
In the event of a tie or ties for the first place, the Champion shall be decided by a hole by hole play-off to take place as soon as practicable. The purpose of the play-off is to decide the Champion only. In the event inclement weather or other reasons deemed by the Tournament Director to make a play-off impractical, the winner shall be decided by matching of score cards of the 3rd round for the best score of the last 18 holes (1 – 18), last 9 (10 – 18), last 6 (13 – 18), last 3 (16 – 18) or the final 18th hole. If necessary, the 2nd or 1st round will be used in the same manner to break the tie.
28. Ties for all other positions will be decided by matching of score cards of the 3rd round for the best score of the last 18 holes (1 – 18), last 9 (10 – 18), last 6 (13 – 18), last 3 (16 – 18) or the final 18th hole. If necessary, the 2nd or 1st round will be used in the same manner to break the tie.
29. International Team Event
In the event of a tie or ties for the first and any place, the tie will be decided on the lowest combined team scores of the last round. If a tie still arises, the combined team scores of the 2nd round and, if necessary, the 1st round will be used until a decision is reached. The Organising Committee’s decision to determine the Winning Team is final.
SUSPENSION OF PLAY FOR DANGEROUS SITUATION (NOTE TO RULE 6-8b)
30. The specimen Condition in the Rules of Golf is in effect – see pages 158.
31. All practice areas that are in open areas shall be closed during suspension for a dangerous situation until the OC has declared them open.
32. A suspension of play for a dangerous situation and the resumption of play shall be signaled using the host club’s warning system.
33. In the event that the first round of the Championship cannot be completed, it shall be continued the next day prior to the commencement of the second round.
34. In the event that the second round of the Championship cannot be completed, it shall be continued the next day prior to the commencement of the third round.
35. In the event that the second and/or third round of the Championship cannot be completed, the rounds shall be abandoned. The result of the Championship will then be based on the completed rounds.
CADDIES / BUGGIES / MOTORISED TROLLEYS
36. The use of caddies / buggies / motorised trolley in this Championship is prohibited.
37. All players are to carry their own bags or use their own hand-drawn trolleys.
PACE OF PLAY
38. Rule 6-7 (Undue Delay; Slow Play) will be strictly enforced using the ‘SGA Individual Pace of Play’ policy. See separate memorandum to players for the Pace of Play guidelines.
DISPUTES OR DOUBTS AS TO PROCEDURE
39. If there is a doubt as to the correct procedures, players are to refer to the SGA Referees. If an SGA Referee is not immediately available, a player (having notified his marker) may elect to play two balls in accordance with Rule 3-3 and obtain a ruling at the conclusion of the round, prior to signing and the return of the score card.
40. No spectators (including parents or accompanying officials) are to enter into any discussion on a matter under dispute.
41. The SGA Referee’s decision on all matters pertaining to the Rules of Golf is final.
42. All players are required to have appropriate golfing insurance. Proof of insurance coverage must be submitted together with the entry form.
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICE
43. A player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
LIST OF CONFORMING GOLF BALLS
44. The specimen Condition in the Rules of Golf is in effect – see Appendix I page 155.
LIST OF CONFORMING DRIVER HEAD
45. The specimen Condition in the Rules of Golf is in effect. Please see Appendix I, pages 154 – 155 and visit R&A website at www.randa.org for list of confirming driver heads.
GROOVE AND PUNCH MARK SPECIFICATIONS
46. Player’s clubs must conform to the groove and punch mark specifications in the Rules of Golf that are effective from 1 January 2010.
47. Decision 4-1/1 in the “Decisions on the Rules of Golf” is in effect – see page 68.
48. The following prizes will be awarded:
a. Overall Boys & Girls Champion & Runner-Up;
b. Best Local Boy Performer;
c. Age Group – Best Gross Winner & Runner-Up;
d. Age Group – Daily Best Gross;
e. The International Team Event – Top three teams.
Note: The Champion and the Runner-Up are not eligible for the Age Group Best Gross Winner and Runner-Up.
49. The course is available to players for practice on 5 June 2017 (morning only). Please call the SGA Office at Tel: 6755 5976 from the following schedule to book practice round:
- 1-2 June 2017, 0900hrs (9:00AM) – 1700hrs (5:00PM)
Please note that SGA office is closed on 3-4 June (weekend) and will not entertain any booking.
50. No multiple ball play shall be allowed during the practice round.
51. Players are not allowed to practise on the course after their round on any day of the Championship.
52. The driving range will be opened at 6:00am during the Championship. Range balls are chargeable.
PRIZE PRESENTATION LUNCHEON
53. All players are invited to a Prize Presentation Luncheon on 8 June 2017 at the Seletar Country Club.
54. Players must be properly attired on the golf course. Blue jeans, designer jeans, round neck T-shirts and tank tops are prohibited. Golf shirts must be worn and shorts must be no shorter than mid-thigh (no jean shorts).
55. This dress code will be used in conjunction with any additional dress code restrictions of the host club. A player violating this dress code will not be permitted to start the tournament. A violation of this dress code by a player during the stipulated round must be rectified without undue delay or the player will not be allowed to continue play.
56. Soft spikes shoes are compulsory.
CONDUCT OF PLAYERS
57. All players should conduct themselves in a disciplined manner, demonstrating courtesy and sportsmanship at all times, irrespective of how competitive they may be.
58. Any action contrary to the spirit of the game such as abusive language, throwing of clubs, or other disruptive behavior, will not be tolerated and may result in a player not being able to continue in this competition.
59. The use of mobile phones (except in an emergency) and smoking are not allowed on the course.
SPECTATORS/ ACCOMPANYING OFFICIALS /PARENTS
60. Spectators/accompanying officials/parents must remain on the cart paths at all times. They must stay off the greens and out of the bunkers at all times. They are prohibited from using golf buggies.
61. They should maintain a reasonable distance from the players to avoid the appearance that they are imparting advice or assisting the player in any way. They may approach a player for a moment to exchange clothing, food, or beverages, but should not have prolonged contact.
62. Spectators must be properly attired on the golf course. Blue jeans, designer jeans, round neck T-shirts and tank tops are prohibited.
63. Those found violating these policies may be asked to leave the course.
AMENDMENTS TO CONDITIONS
64. The OC reserves the right to amend these Championship conditions.
1. Official accommodation has been arranged at Hotel Royal, 36 Newton Road, Singapore 307964, Tel: (65) 6426 0168; Fax: (65) 6253 8668; Email: email@example.com.
2. Daily room rate is S$150.00 nett, inclusive of buffet breakfast & wifi for single/twin occupancy. Additional bed will cost S$50.00 nett.
3. Local transfer from hotel to club and vice versa will be provided to foreign nominated players staying at the official hotel during the Championship.
4. Visitors to Singapore must hold valid travel documents with a minimum validity of 6 months. Please visit the website: http://app.ica.gov.sg to check on visa requirement.
Please Click H E R E for the List of Received Entries