Singapore Golf Association Personal Data Protection Policy
Singapore Golf Association (“SGA” or “We”) is committed to respecting and protecting the personal data of individuals.
This policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis upon which we collect, use, disclose, store and/or process personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
By providing us with personal data, or by continuing to visit and use this website, you confirm that you are at least 13 years of age and have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to understand and agree to the terms of this Policy.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not provide any personal data to us as we do not knowingly collect personal data from children who are under 13 years of age.
If you are a parent of a child under 13 years of age, by providing us with any of your child’s personal data, you confirm that you understand and agree that your child’s personal data will be subject to the terms and conditions found in this policy. In the event that you are aware that your child, under 13 years of age, has provided personal data to us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. We collect, use and/or disclose various types of personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Personal data includes, without limitation, an individual’s: name; address; telephone numbers; email address; date of birth; gender; nationality; marital status; occupation; personal identification or passport details; golf scores; handicap and other golf related information, golf club membership information; photographs; preferred communication methods; and any other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may collect about you through your interactions with us and/or any of our Ordinary, Associate, Affiliate and/or other Members.
3. We currently (and/or may in the future) collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to manage our records of your golf scores, handicap information and other player profile data which we may have about you;
- to administer and maintain the Centralised Handicapping System;
- to communicate with you and to process and respond to your questions and comments;
- to process and review any applications that you may submit to us;
- to contact you regarding any events or activities organised by us or with our involvement, including golf tournaments;
- to perform data analytics and generation of customised reports;
- to keep you informed of any latest developments, news and/or updates at SGA;
- to publish event photographs, annual reports, articles, membership and activity updates, publicity materials and/or other features on our website, in our magazine or other hardcopy;
to select, evaluate and/or administer the ranking of golf players, including for players’ participation in the national squad and/or development squad;
- to comply with a court order or other legal process or other statutory and/or regulatory requirements of any governmental and/or regulatory authorities;
in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern, or other situation in which we in our sole discretion deem to be prudent; and
any other purpose permitted by applicable law, or as may be described to you from time to time at the point of collection of your personal data.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We may collect personal data by way of the information that you provide to us on our website or by any other means. We may also collect your personal data from our Members and other independent third party sources.
5. We may automatically collect the following information about you in connection with your visit(s) to our website:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) visited; date and time of visit; products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page-interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
6. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer (or any other device) with cookies (which are small text files created on your computer or device), Local Shared Objects (also known as flash cookies, which can store data more complex than simple text) and Web Beacons (tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are placed in the code of a webpage) (collectively, “Cookies”). By accessing our website, you agree that we can place Cookies on your computer or device.
8. You have the option of adjusting your browser settings to restrict or limit the use of various Cookies. However, if you choose to do so, the functionality of the website and your user experience may be affected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
9. We may share your personal data (including your name, the club of which you are a member, photographs, golf scores, handicap information), with and among our Members, affiliated associations, service providers, prospective and/or current employees, Governing Council and Executive Board members, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned Purposes. Some of your personal data may also be posted on our website, and displayed in the Centralised Handicapping System.
CENTRALISED HANDICAPPING SYSTEM
11. While we make every effort to ensure that all content displayed on our website, including the Centralised Handicapping System, is accurate and complete, we provide the content for informative purposes and on an ‘as is’, ‘as available’ basis only without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not warrant that the functions contained in or access to our website or other content will be timely, uninterrupted or error-free or without omission, that defects will be corrected, or that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, completeness or reliability of the content on our website.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE SINGAPORE
12. Whilst we do not generally transfer your personal data outside of Singapore, in the unlikely event where we need to transfer your personal data outside Singapore, we will take steps to ensure that a comparable standard of protection as that in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 is accorded to your personal data.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
13. Personal data may be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which the personal data was collected continues, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes. We will cease to retain personal data once we have no reason for doing so.
14. We take reasonable care and have implemented measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
CHANGES TO POLICY
15. We may update this Policy from time to time without prior notice by posting a new version on this website. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with any changes.
16. If you have any questions in relation to how your personal data is handled by us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
20 Jun 16